"Be alert to give service. What counts most in life is what we do for others." - Anonymous
As a young boy, Shannon realized his true passion for funeral service and caring for others. That burning passion led him to open the doors of The Serenity Mortuary, Inc., where his desire is to make the inevitable a pleasant experience for families during their hour of bereavement. Shannon is a graduate of Colleton County High School located in Walterboro, SC. He then went on to attend Gupton-Jones College of Funeral Service in Decatur, GA. where he graduated with a degree in Mortuary Science. Shannon's passion to serve the community also led him to the South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy. Upon completion of the Academy, he obtained a certificate in Law Enforcement. Shannon began his career in law enforcement with the Mount Pleasant Police Department as a police officer. He then ventured on to become a Deputy Sheriff with the Charleston County Sheriff's Office. Shannon served the citizens of Charleston County diligently during his tenure. Shannon is also a Cum Laude graduate of Claflin University, Orangeburg, SC, with a Bachelor's of Arts Degree in Criminal Justice
Shannon has over 20 years of experience in the funeral service profession. He is currently a Licensed Funeral Director and Embalmer for the state of South Carolina. Prior to becoming licensed, Shannon served a two year apprenticeship under the late Christopher Walker, who was the owner and manager of Walker's Mortuary "Chapel of Peace" located on John's Island, SC. Christopher Walker was not only Shannon's mentor, but he was also a friend. Prior to his apprenticeship at Walker's Mortuary, Shannon had the opportunity to work for other funeral homes where he obtained knowledge and skills vital to the funeral service profession. Those funeral homes are
* Martin's Funeral Home, Estill SC
* Gregory B. Levett & Sons Funeral Homes, Decatur GA
* Sellers-Smith Funeral Home, Newnan GA
* Pastor of the Mt. Sinai Baptist Church, Yemassee SC (Big Estate Community)
* Proud Member of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
* Member of Lily Work Lodge #10 (Prince Hall Affiliated) North Charleston, SC.
* Member of Progressive Chapter #310 Order of The Eastern Star, North Charleston, SC.
* Served as an Elder for The Passage Inc. (A mentoring program for young men)
* Member of the Summerville Branch of NAACP
Shannon realizes that only what you do for others will last, so he has devoted his time to serving others.